The impact of local culture and traditional social organization on the development of Africa and Asia:New maps, data banks and empirical findings.
1. Cultural values need structural interpretation.
2. History is a resource of social capital.
3. The cultural heritage of nations is grounded on local traditions.
4. Catch-up development depends on pre-colonial complexity.
5. Development trajectories reflect the the cultural heritage of both, the pre-colonial social structures and colonial experience.